Thursday, January 22, 2009

R.i.p auntie jan

So yesterday was my dads cuzns funeral
she was more like an aunt to me tho
and it had me thinking so much more than any funeral ive ever been to
you here so much about signs of the times
and how it waits for no one
and how quickly it goes
i duno i just dont want it to end with nothing to show
and not ready to go

well anyway my parents were talking and they both have always made me swear not to let anyone give them a "funeral" (they want a "memorial") or bury them
they both want to be cremated and their ashes scattered
my dads in africa
my moms in the ocean
but...i dnt wana b cremated
i know it may sound vain
but i want people to see me one last time
to pay their respects and say their last good byes
granted i will already be gone
but sometimes you just need that last moment
i know i sure did

speaking of this is the song my dad wants played at his

Another Dance - Bunny Wailer

No comments:

Post a Comment