Friday, January 23, 2009

Daddy Daughter Day

Photobucket
so if u read my "1994" blog post you might have gotten the hint that at one point my father and i were VERY close
not to say we dont love eachother now
but were not how we used to b
i mean i was little
ANYWAY today we did a little bonding
it was nice
went to pick up my check
went to the car dealership
went to the mall
went to rubios (my treat)
than came home and played sum wii

cutest part of the day:
in rubios i ran into an old frends mom
who told me my frends getting married on valentines day
now granted shes is a few years older
but it just surprised me
bcuz so many ppl i know get married so young
and my whole thing is i have an IDEA of wat i like now
but wen im 25 im not guna like who i liked when im 19
shoot i prolly wont even like who *I* was at 19!


but anyway my dad and i got on the subject of marriage
so i asked his how long him and my mom had been married again
he said 23 years this june
i said wow mom was only 21
he said yes but she was VERY mature
so i asked him "Why did u get married only 6 months after you met?"
he replied:
"When i was a little boy, i used to have this recurring dream
and in this dream i could here this womans voice
i knew she was my dream woman but there was this bright light behind her so i couldnt see her face
but i knew her voice
and i swore i would marry the woman whos voice that belonged to
(now keep in mind my mom used to date this guy and my dad dated his sister so they new eachother)
so years later at christmas, wen my mom worked at the check cashing place wher my dad cashed his checks, he decided to give christmas cards to all the girls that worked there
(oh yes and my parents bf and gf were very jealous so they had never talked to eachother, but they had already broken up at this point)
so that nite my mom called my dad to thank him for the card
so...phone rings
hes sleep
and he answers like "wat do you want?"
and she says "dion? hi, this is susie, from the check cashing place"
and hes tell it like this:
"the second i heard her voice, my mind took me back to that dream i used to have; except this time the light was behind ME and i could see her face...and it was your mom. So i knew i had to marry her"
i thot it was sweet so...i shared that lil story with u

=]


now i need somebody to call me and sing me musiq's "so beautiful"!

No comments:

Post a Comment